Skip to main content

I don't see me

An accreditation is not required with Safe Food for the following activities:

  • Rearing or transporting an animal to be supplied to a dairy farm for milking
  • Supplying or transporting stock food to a dairy farm for consumption by an animal to be milked
  • Processing dairy produce to be consumed by an animal intended for human consumption
  • Transporting milk from a dairy farm to a processing facility
  • Transporting dairy produce from a factory to a wholesaler or retailer
  • Retail sales of dairy produce, except for pet food
  • Manufacturing foods that contain dairy (e.g. cakes, frozen meals, quiches)
  • Importing cheese for wholesale (e.g. supplying to restaurants), so long as the cheese is not altered in any way
  • Manufacturing ice-cream if it is sold to retail customers at the same site at which is it produced
  • Temporary market stalls (e.g. food festivals, farmers markets)
  • Hosting cheese making classes with members of the general public

Still unsure if you require an accreditation? Please contact us.

Who else should I contact?

While you may not require an accreditation with Safe Food, you may still need to be licensed or seek advice from other food regulatory authorities, including: