Skip to main content

I don't see me

An accreditation is not required with Safe Food for the following activities:

  • Recreational fishing
  • Catching/collecting bait
  • Growing/breeding hatchlings for aquaculture
  • Growing/breeding aquarium fish
  • Growing/harvesting aquatic plants
  • Transporting seafood products
  • Manufacturing seafood products (e.g. crumbed frozen fish meals, canned tuna, etc.)
  • Retail sale of seafood (e.g. fish & chip shop)
  • Taking seafood as a cultural activity for personal, domestic or non-commercial communal needs under traditional fishing customs by Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islanders.

Still unsure if you require an accreditation? Please contact us.

Who else should I contact?

While you may not require an accreditation with Safe Food, you may still need to be licensed or seek advice from other food regulatory authorities, including: