An accreditation is not required with Safe Food for the following activities:
- Recreational fishing
- Catching/collecting bait
- Growing/breeding hatchlings for aquaculture
- Growing/breeding aquarium fish
- Growing/harvesting aquatic plants
- Transporting seafood products
- Manufacturing seafood products (e.g. crumbed frozen fish meals, canned tuna, etc.)
- Retail sale of seafood (e.g. fish & chip shop)
- Taking seafood as a cultural activity for personal, domestic or non-commercial communal needs under traditional fishing customs by Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islanders.
Still unsure if you require an accreditation? Please contact us.