This process relates to complaints about the functions and/or representatives of Safe Food Production Queensland (the Agency).
The Agency is committed to working with you to resolve your complaint. You are required to provide the details of your complaint by submitting a form, so we have all the necessary information needed to begin the agencies official process for resolving complaints.
Process for handling complaints
After a complaint has been successfully submitted, the agency will aim to respond within 7-10 business days. The steps involved in handling feedback and complaints received by the agency are:
- Lodgement into the agencies complaint system
- Communicating the complaint identification (ID) number to the complainant
- Monitoring and reporting
If you do not receive a complaint ID within 5 working days, please contact the agency on (07) 3253 9800 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, more time may be required if the matter is complex.
Options for redress
A complaint can be resolved by the following options:
- An apology
- An explanation or clarification of their concerns
- Another remedy that may involve an administrative decision by an authorised staff member.
The availability of a particular remedy will depend on the specific circumstances of your complaint.
Obtaining feedback/status of your complaint
To obtain feedback on the status of your complaint, you can contact the agency, quote your complaint ID number and identify that you are seeking feedback on the status of your complaint. You will then speak with an agency officer who can provide you with the relevant information.
Options for Review
If you believe the initial response provided by the agency does not satisfy your complaint, you can request an internal review of your complaint.
The complaint and the agencies initial response will be reviewed by someone who was not involved in the initial complaint process. If you believe this secondary review process does not satisfy your complaint, you may take the matter to the ombudsman for external review or to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) if section 126 of the Food Production (Safety) Act 2001 applies.
Food Production (Safety) Act 2001
Section 126 Who may apply for review
The following persons may apply, as provided under the QCAT Act, to QCAT for a review of the decision stated for the person—
- a person whose application for an accreditation, or renewal of an accreditation, under part 5 has been granted subject to a condition or refused;
- a person whose accreditation is amended, suspended or cancelled under section 53(4);
- a person whose application for an approval, or renewal of an approval, as an auditor under part 6 has been granted subject to a condition or refused;
- a person whose approval as an auditor is amended, suspended or cancelled under section 68(4).