I don't see me

An accreditation is not required with Safe Food for the following activities:

  • Growing or processing of microgreens (‘microgreen’ refers to young plants that are intermediates between seed sprouts and baby plants. Only the leaves and stems of microgreens are harvested for human consumption, not the root portion)
  • Growing or processing of fruits or vegetables (apart from seed sprouts)
  • Growing, packaging and supply of herbs (including growing and using herbs in restaurants, cafés etc.)
  • Production and supply of honey, nuts and seeds
  • Production or processing of algae such as spirulina
  • Production or processing of sprouted cereal grains used for brewing or juice making
  • Retail sale of horticulture products, including seed sprouts (e.g. fruit shop, farmers markets, etc.)

Still unsure if you require an accreditation? Please contact us.

Who else should I contact?

While you may not require an accreditation with Safe Food, you may still need to be licensed or seek advice from other food regulatory authorities, including: