An accreditation is not required with Safe Food for the following activities:
- Rearing an animal to be killed for meat
- Growing, mixing, sorting or transporting stock food for consumption by an animal to be killed for meat
- Home kill – so long as meat does not leave the property and is not sold or supplied to others
- Handling or transporting an animal, at any stage before it arrives at an abattoir where it is killed
- Handling or transporting smallgoods or a rendered product after it leaves the premises where it has been processed
- Retail sale of pre-packaged meat, if the product is sold unopened
Still unsure if you require an accreditation? Please contact us.