***This food recall has been updated to include additional products on 9 April 2022***
Ferrero Australia Pty. Ltd. is conducting a recall of various Kinder chocolate products (see below).
Distribution: The products have been available for sale at nationally at Coles, Woolworths, Target, Kmart, Big W, independent food retailers including IGA and petrol stations, and online.
Date markings: All Best Before dates/batch codes
- Kinder Easter Basket 120g (6x20g): 19300698000619
- Kinder Mini Eggs Hazelnut: 100g: 19300698020242; 270g; 9300698503618; 750g: 9300698503618
- Kinder Surprise Maxi (Miraculous) 100g: 19300698018591
- Kinder Surprise Maxi (Natoons) 100g: 19300698016528
- Kinder Surprise Xmas Maxi (Disney Frozen 2021) 100g: 9300698502246
- Kinder Surprise Xmas Maxi (2021) 100g: 9300698501935
- Kinder Maxi Xmas Mix with Plush (2021) 133g: 9300698504004
- Kinder Xmas Happy Moments Ballotin (2021) 190g: 9300698503960
Note: The above products are manufactured in Belgium. All other Ferrero products, including other Kinder products which are manufactured in Italy (including Kinder Surprise 20g single and three-pack eggs in white, blue and pink varieties) are not affected by this recall.
Problem: The recall is due to potential microbial (Salmonella) contamination.
Food safety hazard: Food products contaminated with Salmonella may cause illness if consumed.
Country of origin: Belgium (all Kinder products manufactured in Italy are not affected by this recall)
What to do: Consumers should not eat this product and should return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund. Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
For further information please contact:
Ferrero Australia Pty. Ltd.
1800 627 231 / ConsumerCare.Aus@ferrero.com