Sapro Australia is conducting a recall of a variety of Koo brand vegetable products including:
- Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce;
- Butter Beans in Flavoured Brine;
- Butter Beans in Tomato Sauce;
- Corn Creamstyle Sweetcorn;
- Whole Kernel Sweetcorn in Brine;
- Mixed Vegetables in Hot Curry Sauce;
- Mixed Vegetables in Curry Sauce;
- Mixed Vegetables in Brine;
- Baked Beans in Chilli Sauce.
Distribution: The products have been available for sale at independent food retailers nationwide.
Date markings: Date of Manufacture from 1/5/2019 up to and including 5/5/2021.
Problem: The recall is due to potential microbial contamination as a result of a canning failure.
Food safety hazard: Food products with potential microbial contamination may cause illness if consumed.
Country of origin: South Africa
What to do: Consumers should not eat this product and should return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund. Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
For further information please contact:
0414 070 564
Note: This information has been reproduced with permission from Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ)